A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Like a Bad Habit

It has been quite a while since I have posted my first entry on here but like a bad habit, I am back once again!

I made apple cobbler twice this week, I know- it is starting to become a problem, but it is so delicious and everyone loves it!! I thought I would share my recipe:
2 cans of apples
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup brown sugar
mix in a bowl and place in baking dish,
in separate bowl, mix:
1 cup milk
3 table spoons of vanilla extract
a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar
1 cup of butter
1 1/4 cup of flour
blend and put on top of apple mixture
bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
serve warm with vanilla ice cream!

Maybe I am just baking and cooking to keep myself distracted. I need to be busy because since the last time I have blogged, I quit my job. I felt totally disrespected and not valued within my company and decided that after a multitude of issues had come up, it was time to quit! I feel like this was a bit rash for me but I was responsible about it, I have been babysitting quit a lot now and have much more time for visiting with friends, now that Summer is quickly coming to a close.
This saddens me so much! There is nothing I hate more than realizing that a season of my life is ending and that it is now time to begin a new chapter in my life. This summer has been one of the most boring and somewhat depressing summers of my life. I have been just so bummed because I haven't been able to go on trips like normal and seeing and hearing about everyone else's fun times really make me jealous! Although I have been lacking vivaciousness in my life lately, I have really been taught a few life lessons. like mothers still think that even though you are grown up, and independent now, they can still control you. This has been a tough one for me but I have learned to bite my tongue a bit and just roll with the punches because after all... Mom
is usually right!
I guess it is time for me to get off here, I am babysitting all day tomorrow and I am going to be totally pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment