A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In All Things, Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is such a fun time!! I love cooking and love my family!! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family! I absolutely live by traditions too, they are very important to me. Because most of our extended family lives in different states within the South, we have recently started the tradition of all gathering at my mom's cousin's house (dWp) and bringing a few dishes each, per family. This year my parents and I brought sweet potatoes, loaded mashed potatoes, and I slaved over the stove all Thanksgiving morning a cranberry apple pie. It was a huge success, or so I like to think!! The pan was empty at the end of the night, so I like to think I did well!
One of our yummy turkey that Brad cooked in the steamer, it was different but delicious!

Me and daddy, right before we sat down to eat!


The Cranberry Apple Pie that I made, I think it turned out pretty!





The kids table was so cute! dWp went on Etsy.com and downloaded some cute decorations that the boys loved to play with, and isn't the adult table set beautifully as well?!

No comments:

Post a Comment