A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jessie's Girl

As I am sitting her in the library, listening to my 80s Mix online I stare out the window at the gigantic snow flakes dancing around in the 40mph winds... YES, I said 40!!! I attempt and fail to accomplish reading and reviewing an article for my math class as I sip on my deliciously warm drink. I realize that I probably have at least 3 chai tea lattes with a shot of pumpkin pie and a shot of espresso, a week! I originally started drinking this because I thought it was a healthier alternative to the fat laden frappuchinos and sugary sweet lattes. Now that I love them and have even got some friends hooked on them, I wonder if they are actually any healthier than the other options. I researched chai tea a bit and found that it was mainly made of 4 components: milk, tea, sweetener, herbs and spics. I think the sweetener could possibly be the worst part of this drink, it is about a tablespoon, per cup of tea. I think next time I go to The Wired Scholar, the coffee shop in the library, I will ask them to make mine skinny, and hopefully my drink will do the same for me, just in time for Spring Break!! Although I have no real plans yet, I am still hoping to lost 5lbs by then. So what is your favorite, low- cal drink to keep you warm on these snowy days in the library?

No comments:

Post a Comment