A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Boo! to you...

Well Halloween is this weekend!! I am super excited! This is probably one of my favorite times of the year- second only to Christmas!! I am so excited for this weekend! I just love everything that this time of year has to offer! The air is cooling off and the crisp winds make the pumpkin lattes taste even sweater! The leaves are turning and everywhere I look, I just fall more and more in love with Nature! Carving pumpkins is a family tradition that me and my Daddy do every year at the beginning of October. Since I have been away at school we haven't been able to do this but I will always have the fond childhood memories of standing on a chair in the kitchen reaching my hands down in the cold, slimy, gooey guts of the pumpkin and deciding on a pattern to carve. This year we had a sisterhood to decorate pumpkins and everyone was painting theirs so I decided to use some puff paint and draw my monogram on it! It turned out SUPER preppy and SUPER cute!! I must say, Martha Stewart has so many intriguing ideas for clip art crafts and decorations! I love how these butterflies just pop! They are not so spooky butt hey do add a mysterious touch to this library!

This is the inspiration for my Halloween costume! I am going to be a flapper girl! I purchased the dress at Forever 21 (first ever purchase from this store!). It is completely black sequined with a giant key- hole cut out in the back. I attacked some fringe to the bottom hem for and added touch. I purchased most of the accessories from Party City. This is such a girly costume, it's perfect for me! I can't wait for this weekend, I am so excited!

I really love all of these decorations!! The flower centerpiece is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to have my own house where I can entertain people and have parties to make all of this for!









No comments:

Post a Comment