A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Fantastic Friday

I am sorry I haven't blogged in a few days, nothing exciting has happened. We had a snow day Wednesday and I came home for the weekend yesterday. It feels good to finally be back home after about 3 weeks at school.

Today I had lunch with a very dear friend, kRl to catch up on each others lives from the past month. She transferred schools second semester so it has been about a month since we have been able to hang out. This has been really hard because we used to be neighbors for 2 years at ASU and now we have to make time to see each other. Needless to say, I was beyond excited to see her and talk about everything we had going on!
After lunch I had a doctor's appointment and then Mommy & I went to get our nails done, as usual! I have had gel nails on for about 6 months now and was just really ready for a change. I was also feeling a bit risky and decided to go with something different than my typical pink, red, or french manicure. After perusing all of the options on the shelf, I finally decided to go with a dark green; I saw this on one of my sisters recently and really liked it so I decided to try it for myself.

'Here Today Aragon Tomorrow'

This is how they turned out. I am pretty satisfied (which is rare, when I try a new color)

For my pedicure, I chose another unique color called 'Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous'. I am not thrilled but I have seen worse. It will do for now.
So what are some of your favorite OPI colors for Winter?


another
exciting event today...
I ordered my tickets to the CIRCUS!!!! I am SO excited! I haven't been to the circus since I was in elementary school. I came home yesterday and promptly my mother announced that Ringling Barnum & Baily was in town and this year, they have.......... ......................... A BABY ELEPHANT!!!!!!!! Some of you may know, I collect elephants and have my entire life, I am obsessed! i have been working hard to find someone to go with me and finally guilted Daddy into taking me when he comes back in town tomorrow.
Can't wait to go, I will be sure to post lots of pictures!

til then,
mTa

1 comment: