A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lilly, Blooming this Spring

Blossom Dress

Lilly has come out with their newest prints for Spring 2011. The line was inspired by POP ART. The blog says "We love the fact that when these artists were hitting the scene, so was Lilly. " Personally, I like the blossom dress but I doubt I would ever wear it. I am not much for wearing floral prints. Some florals are pretty but some are too delicate and dainty, reminding me of a old grandmother sitting in her rocking chair, knitting. I know this may seem a bit stereotypical of me but it is just my opinion. Obviously these are not "dainty OR delicate"- in any way, shape, or form! So here are the few prints that they have featured. I think like they feel a bit too much like fashion from the 60's and 70's. This is just not what I would expect from Lilly at all. What do yall think? Do you like these or are you waiting for the Summer 2011 line to hurry up and be revealed?
-mTa

Pop goes the Floral


Optical Confusion


Bright Navy Floral Frenzy


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen this yet either, but I feel like I could have designed these on photoshop and I don't do graphic arts. They don't seem as interesting as normal seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like these either...I definitely don't think i would wear them or be inclined to spend upwards of $200 on a dress in this print!

    ReplyDelete