A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting Prime!

Everyone talks about the "Post- Christmas, Pre- New Year's Eve"Diet... well personally I don't care about that! I care about how I look going back to school! I want to go back to school and surprise people! So these past few weeks I have been on a diet! I have been going to the gym with mBa, Cardio Funk with kRl and jogging with Daddy! Whew, it has been hard because I have definitely been pushing myself more than I have before. With one week left, I am beginning to get discouraged! I have even altered my eating habits. You would think that after 2 weeks I should see some results, after all my dad has lost 22lbs this month! But I continue to work hard and push through it in my last week at home!

Getting Prime!
I thought I would share some of my favorite workout songs that really put me in the mood to keep up the pace!
1. In da Club- 50 Cent
yes, I am aware that this is a very old, and very dirty song but it has never ceased to be one of my all- time favorite songs! I just love the base, I know- I'm weird, but it always gets me pumped!
2. Get Low- Lil Jon (feat. Ying Yang Twins)
...also old and dirty but there is just something about Lil Jon that makes me want to run faster, I am not sure what it is but he's got it!
3. We R Who We R- Ke$ha
this is a newer song and it's just fun! I love the beat, and I love songs that take place in a club, it gives me motivation because I imagine myself dancing and that is a lot more desirable than running, in my mind!
4. Low- Flo Rida (feat. T- Pain)
this is abother song that talks about dancing and it's very fast tempo which helps me keep up a rhythm as I'm running
5. Knockout- Lil Wayne (feat. Nicki Minaj)
anything with the two of these rappers in it is bound to be a hit!! Weezy is my weakness, I will buy anything he is in, even if he's only featured in it!
6. Baby Got Back- Sir Mix A lot
an oldie but goody!
7. Just the Way You Are- Bruno Mars
this song is semi fast but it just puts me in such a happy mood
8. Dynamite- Taio Cruz
I danced to this in Cardio Funk the other day and had a blast! That class really kicked my butt, but it was a lot of fun
9. Forget You (Glee Version)
No, I do not watch Glee. The roommate jDe does so sometimes I have no choice but this song is truly expressive and a great sing- a- long (which I find to be quite difficult to do while jogging! haha)
10. Buzzin'- Mann (feat. 50 Cent)
this reminds me of a Summer song but I really like it

as you can tell, I enjoy running to the fast pace of rap songs, so if you are having trouble creating a workout playlist, try these! What do you like to listen to, what motivates you, and what makes you see results the quickest? Let me know!!
-mTa



No comments:

Post a Comment