A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July

okay so since I have a lot of excitement in my life going on now, I will keep you up to date on that stuff and when I have a lull I will fill you in on what you missed out on in the Spring!


This past weekend was Fourth of July! I believe it was one of the best ones that I have ever had! Saturday was my family's reunion, or get together- whatever you may call it! It was held at dWp's house, as are most family events! We had a blast trying out the new Margaritaville machine, catching up with the family from out of town, and showing pictures of each other from the 80's (which included some real nice hairstyles)! We had a wonderful time. I even brought Ethan and introduced him to everyone! This was pretty nerve- wracking but I think that it went off pretty well! whew!

The whole gang!
Twins, also Vineyard Vines models :)


Ethan and I!


Then Saturday night, Ethan and I went to the Drive- in movies in Belmont! We had a lot of fun and saw Fast Five and Bridesmaids. I know I am a little late seeing this but I did not think it was as good as everyone made it out to be. It may have been just because everyone built it up to be so good that my expectations were too high.

I love editing pictures on my phone!



Sunday, we went to church, then Cracker Barrel with my parents for lunch. After lunch we met up with mBa and her boyfriend to go to the mall and get a bathing suit. Since most of 4th of July is typically spent in a pool/ lake or beach, I told Ethan to bring his but he forgot. So we went to pick one up, then came home and got ready for the Zac Brown Band Concert! The four of us went to the concert and had an absolute blast. It was pretty hot and humid outside but luckily, it was bearable! I really love ZBB but they were not "entertainers"... they did a lot of other artist's cover songs and a ton of solos which I thought they were trying to make the concert drag on. But we enjoyed just being together and dancing to the music! The concert ended around 10:15 and we headed to Emma Loo's house for late night swimming! This was also fun... until her dog attacked me! At that point, it was time to go home.
mBa & I

The group


I think this is such a cute candid picture!

Monday, we spent the day at the pool. The we came home and girlled Rachel Ray's 'firecracker burgers' and lots of veggies which were delicious. During dinner it started pouring and we were worried about the fireworks being cancelled but the show went on and at 9:30 we watched fireworks! Monday Ethan had to leave and I had to go to work. but, this was an awesome weekend and I am glad we did everything we did!

-mTa

No comments:

Post a Comment