A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

7.17.25

Mamaw,
I remember spending every summer with you,
I remember watching The Price is Right with you every morning at 11 while eating the bowl of grits you made me and helping you check your blood sugar
I remember spending every 4th of July at The Sandcastle with you and swimming in the pool but you would never let me go past the rope because even though I could swim, you couldn't and you didn't want me going too deep,
I remember your favorite color was red; I remember your red car and how I would count to see how long it took you to remember to fasten your seat belt,
I remember your red beta fish that we named Big Red, and even though you almost killed him three times, he never died, but most of all, I remember your bright smile and loving heart. Me and mom talk about you almost every day, neither of us would be the person that we are today if it weren't for you! I hope you're having the best birthday cake with Jesus today. I love you and miss you more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment