A Southern girl is a girl who knows full and well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. After all, every girl wants to be treated like a princess. She knows how to make sweet tea and grits while telling you everything about any football team in the SEC. She picks her battles and fights with the heart of a pit-bull while still maintaining grace and elegance. Her mystique is that of a soft-spoken, mild-mannered southern belle who could direct an army, loves her momma, and will always be daddy's little girl.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Things I appreciate

1.Jesus' love for me and the willingness of God to send him to die for my sins This is huge and not something that is recognized daily!! I am beyond grateful to my Heavenly Father because without Him I would be nothing! I owe it all to Him!
2.My mommy... make that my parents
I actually love them both!! I have the best parents in the world!! Really!! I am an only child so at times they can seem a bit over- bearing and over protective but I know that it is just because they love me and they are trying to keep me safe! My mom and I are so close, we speak every day! I am thankful that I am close with my parents but not too close because our relationship has made me into the way that I am today! I am so thankful that I was placed in such a loving, nurturing and Christian home and have the blessings bestowed on me that so many others lack.
3.my sisters
I honestly don't think people get the relationship that you have in a sisterhood unless you have actually been in the Greek system! I seriously love all of my sisters whole heartedly! There is so much respect and unity withing our chapter, I wouldn't trade it for the world! I have learned not only social skills but also leadership skills throughout my oh- so- short- time in Kappa Delta. I and so glad that God's plan worked out and I did not get my first choice going through recruitment because I know I found my home! 4.my best friend in the entire world, MB
MB and I met in Kindergarten. She likes to tell the story to everyone that my mom told her mom that I needed a friend so we should play... I don't know if I believe this. I love Mary more than anything!! I have no idea how I would have survived through life without her! I mean, I am sure that I would have found some people that would phase in and out of my life but be real, my life wouldn't ever be the same, and I would be a totally changed person. And although we go to school 9 hours and 540 miles apart, we still remain as close as we were back at home, telling each other everything. She is the sister I never had and I thank God for putting her in my life!!
5.a glass of good sweet tea
The best sweet tea in the south is my Mama's!! She starts by boiling a few cups of water on the stove, then add two Lipton Iced Tea bags and take it off the burner, let sit for about 40 minutes. Take the tea bags out, DO NOT SQUEEZE, and add 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar. Put in a pitcher and add a little bit of water. This will be perfect!! I love how she always has some ready for me to come back to school!
6.fried chicken, YALL!

MMMmmmM!! Now I love me some real good, handmade, deep fried, Southern fried, crispy chicken breasts! Cracker Barrel has the best on Sundays after Church! yummy!! This can prove to be a real problem when I try to cut out both meat AND fried foods to lose some weight! I mean it's just not natural, this leads to me craving some fried food at about 11PM every few days...
7. my freedom

I thank god for my life And for the stars and stripes May freedom forever fly, let it ring. Salute the ones who died And the ones that gave their lives so we don`t have to sacrifice All the things we love Like our chicken fried."
It is really important that we keep up hope while we are in the middle of this war and are proud the say we're American!! People are dying and choosing to give their lives so that we can stay free and drive around, and shop and hang out with friends. Freedom is not a right; it is a privileged... some of us are quick to forget how long and how much hard work it took to get us tothe way we are now!
8. some juicy gossip Oh man!! There is nothing I love to do more than sit down at lunch discussing all of the "He said...", "She said..." drama! This may get me into trouble at times but I looove it in the moment!
9. a good tan
Don't get me wrong, I am pretty pale at the moment but I am actually contemplating doing the unthinkable!! In high school I had a pre- cancerous mole removed from my arm and since then I have only gone tanning for special occasions and I wear 70 SPF sunscreen when outside. It just isn't the same! I truly was addicted, I had been going since 6th grade and would even wake up early and go before school at like 7am. It was horrible but I used to say "I would rather die tan than live white!"
10. meaningful conversations with meaningful people
you know, some people really just don't matter... they are here simply to cause conflict and drama in your life! When you start to cut these people out, then and only then will you have more time to spend with the people who do matter; the ones whom you love, and love you very much!! There is nothing I love more than just sitting down and having a nice long conversation with someone about their day, their stressors, their boy problems, or roommate problems. I love to just listen to people and pay attention because sometimes that is all they need!

No comments:

Post a Comment